Yes, this is one of those tagging thingies.
Atanu, who, though he does not understand and detests my filmi leanings, is a friend nonetheless and the one who got me.
According to his own blog post, here are the rules of the tagged game :
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
4. If you fail to do this within eight hours, you will not reach Third Series or attain your most precious goals for at least two more lifetimes. [Er, okay”¦.]
Almost as Atanu did, I would ask for a pardon from my 8 nominees in advance, but, when you’ve temporarily lost touch with friends due to the vagueries of fate in your own life, this could be an interesting way to learn a few new things about those I haven’t contacted in a while”¦..:
8 random things about me:
1. I taught myself Spanish the summer of my 14th year.
2. I once was on the same flight as Caroline and John Kennedy Jr. He came back into our cabin to watch a scifi film because they were showing a romantic movie up in First Class. Though I was only a kid at the time, I do regret not having seized on the opportunity to make a move. Lord knows he’d never have gotten me on that little plane up to the Cape”¦
3. I usually think about death (my own) a week or two before I have to fly, and I used to notice that while I’d be away on a holiday, often three different air crashes would happen (e.g. TWA 800, the Concorde at Paris), though I haven’t observed that recently.
4. I turn the TV on the minute I enter a hotel room and surf through all the channels quickly before I do anything else.
5. I once followed Peter O’Toole when he appeared out of a lane in Dublin, hoping to get closer look, and in spite of his height and visibility, he vanished.
6. One summer, I took a month off work for a cross-country road trip with a friend. We drove west as far as Seattle and back east through Canada. While initially thrilled at how cheap the food was at a Perkins (think Dennys) in who-knows-where, Ohio our first night, by the time we reached Washington, after weeks of bland food, we almost wept with joy at the sight of sushi.
7. I should have been in Kabul this week for work.
8. On the road back from Kanchipuram one afternoon, in the oncoming lane of traffic, a goat ran out and got hit by a truck, right before my eyes. I promptly burst into tears, leaving R, the driver, rather concerned.
And now, I tag
- Sakshi, dear Govinda autograph enabler,
- Michael, who I’m just curious to learn more about,
- Sr. Noronha because, though we’re not friends, he shares some interesting anecdotes and terrific photos on his blog,
- Bombay Addict, ‘cos we have a common love,
- Chandrahas, because, at the very minimum, it will be funny,
- Rahul, to pick up the thread,
- T-hype, ‘cos this should be interesting,
- Shoefi, ‘cos she was just tagged before by somebody else recently (seems there are lots of us who’d like her to blog more)