After now having seen Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna a second time, a few additional observations:
- In the scene where Dev tries to give Rhea a massage and ends up with her blue cold cream all over his hands, I previously hadn’t heard SRK say “Jadoo?” to Priety as she rushes away from the bed, (Jadoo being the little blue ET-like character in Koi Mil Gaya) and this was actually quite funny.
- The letter that Dev receives from Toronto offering him a job is from a Mr. Derek D’Souza, but the letter is clearly unsigned. (Who cares? you ask. Normally, I wouldn’t, but if the camera is going to zoom in so close on a document that so much is visible, they should take care of a small, but not unnoticeable, detail like this.)
- I missed Dev’s closing comment at the first viewing about regretting leaving the path strewn with so many broken hearts.
- KJo’s musical references to his own movies: 1) just before the opening credits start, there is a small snippet of a slow version of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, 2) when Sam is going in the carriage with Rishi to his wedding, the music in the background is from Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (Bole Chudiyan).
- At the theater tonight, we had more trailers, including Kabul Express, Dhoom 2, (both seen at the first viewing)and, Don.
- I cried more at the second viewing, but still not as much as Rani.